Multiple Gas Analyzer #5 (MG#5)
- Thermal Conductivity Detector (TCD)
- Flame Ionization Detector (FID), (Usually equipped with a Methanizer)
- Two 10-Port Gas Sampling Valves
- .5 meter Hayesep D column
- 2 meter Hayesep D column
- 2 meter Moleseive 5A column
- 6 channel PeakSimple usb data system
Unfortunately there is no single column that can separate: Hydrogen, Oxygen, Nitrogen, Methane, CO, CO2, Ethane, Water, Propane, Butane, and Pentane. Over the years, we have devised several solutions to this analytical problem, starting with the MultipleGas#1 configuration and evolving to the present Multiple Gas #5 configuration.
The Thermal Conductivity Detector can detect all the gases listed above, besides hydrogen, from 200ppm to 100% concentration. The Flame Ionization Detector can detect hydrocarbons down to 1ppm, and with the Methanizer attachment, CO and CO2 down to 1ppm.
This model, is highly customizable, as are most of our GCs. It can be modified to have a third valve, more detectors, and more columns.