211 Accusys Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer
We make AA Easy!
Our goal here at Buck Scientific is to make instruments that are easy to use, and maintain for many years, at minimal expense. We take a hands on approach to customer service by answering our own phones. You can talk to the engineer who assembled your instrument, for quick and friendly support. Call us today with your AA questions 1-800-562-5566.
The Accusys 211 is the next evolution of the highly successful Buck 210VGP, incorporating all of the features of the 210VGP along with an automatic gas box for easy nitrous oxide switch-over, push-button ignition, and automatic flame shutdown in case of flame outage.
- Stable, Reliable, & Easy to use.
- Automatic gas box for N2O changeover
- Automatic gas shutoff if Flame is extinguished
- Push button ignition
- 3 lamp power supply, (1 internal 2 external)
- High energy optical design for better As & Se results
- Compact size and light weight
- Rugged military grade design stands up to years of abuse.
- D2 Background correction
- Free Buck Analyst Software
- Low cost consumables and maintenance
- Made in the USA
The 211 is shipped ready for use. All operating conditions are pre-loaded in the internal computer, including lamp settings, secondary wavelengths, and alternate methods of analysis for over 60 elements by flame, furnace, or hydride techniques. The three lamp turret has individual controls for alignment and standby mode to keep lamps warm. Direct report generation to a printer or data linking to the optional free Buck Analyst* software package is easily done using the parallel and RS-232 serial ports.
*BuckAnalyst Software is free to download. Links are at the bottom of the page
The Buck 210/211 is a high energy, microprocessor controlled single beam
atomic absorption spectrophotometer. Solid state electronics and simple optics provide the basis for our superior stability and sensitivity. The Ebert mount monochromator and user-selectable bandwidth give the system maximum flexibility. Our short-path dynamic nebulizer/burner configuration is highly efficient. An inert needle, precisely positioned in a high flow venturi, delivers sample to the corrosion proof impact bead. This results in a tremendously high nebulization effect for all types of sample matrices.
Deuterium Background Correction
This is the oldest and still most commonly used technique, particularly for flame AAS. In this case, a separate source (a deuterium lamp) with broad emission is used to measure the background absorption over the entire width of the exit slit of the spectrometer. In the 210VGP & Accusys 211 the deuterium lamp is in-line with the hollow cathode lamp, thus eliminating the need for a double beam system. The benefits of a single beam system are more energy, smaller size, lower cost, and a more sensitivity.
- Unique non-flame ignitor provides the safest instrument start-up
- Simple 3 button operation for fully automatic gas controls, ignition and gas switchover (Air to Nitrous Oxide)
- Automatic optimization of analytical parameters when method files are loaded from the 211 built-in Methods Library
- Fully integrated safety interlocks for gas pressure sensors, burner head type, UV flame sensor, drain line trap and ignitor continuity insure safe operation of the 211 AAS
- Upgradeable to the model 220GF back-mounted graphite furnace for ppb/ ppt trace level analyses
- Available autosampler, hydride generator and cold vapor attachments
- Internal microprocessor and software can identify samples, perform statistical analysis and graphically display calibration curves and transient peaks (Hydride generation & Graphite furnace)
|Wavelength Range:||190 to 900nm, Accuracy ± 0.2nm, Precision ± 0.1nm|
|Monochromator / Optics:||250mm Ebert mount, 600 lines/mm grating, 0.2-0.7-2.0nm bandpass|
|Hollow Cathode Lamp Supply:||Triple HCL power supply; 3 to 75 mA peak in NORMAL mode, 3 to 750mA in GIANT PULSE mode.|
|Background Correction:||Deuterium - In-Line (see-through) configuration, pulsed illumination, hot cathode, variable frequency, corrects from 190-350nm (0.7nm slit). Variable Giant Pulse - Self-reversing HCL currents up to 750 mA with pulse time from 10 to 200 microseconds, corrects from 190-900nm. The 205AAS Does not feature D2 Background correction|
|Burner / Nebulizer:||Polypropylene spray chamber with pre-mix burner and high efficiency adjustable nebulizers (SS), Titanium burner heads for Air/Acetylene, Argon/Hydrogen and Nitrous Oxide/Acetylene operation.|
|Microprocessor:||Computer control by 80C188 chip, 8/16 bit operation, 12/24 MHz clockspeed; non-volatile SRAM storage of >200 method files.|
|Integration / Response Range:||User selectable times from 0.5 to 10 seconds for continuous (flame) and transient (furnace, hydride) signals.|
|Calibration:||Automatic, weighted least squares fit to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or 4th order functions, up to 8 points.|
|Display:||16-line backlit liquid crystal display for all text and graphics|
|Output Modes:||LCD display, IEEE-488 Parallel port for dot-matrix printer, RS-232 Serial port|
|Dimensions / Weight:||39"L x 11"W x 12"H; 50 lbs (81 lbs shipping weight)|
|Power Supply:||100-240 VAC operating range, 50/60 Hz AC, <150 watts|
INSTALL FILES & GUIDE
Share this Product
More from this collection
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.